The Federal Skilled Worker program is part of the Economic Class and is managed by the Express Entry program.
Federal Skilled Worker program requirements:
• Have professional work experience of at least one continuous year of full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment listed in the National Occupational Classification (O, A or B) in the last 10 years. OR Qualify for Arranged Employment In Canada with a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer along with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or without an LMIA in case you are exempt.
• A Canadian diploma, certificate, or credential AND/OR a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by IRCC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
• Meet the minimum language score of CLB 7 on the Canadian Language Benchmark, or equivalent.
• Have settlement funds to support yourself and your family for 6 months after arrival in the country.
• You must also score at least 67 points under the following IRCC selection factors in order to be eligible to apply:
- Education - Max 25 points
- Language - Max 28 points
- Experience - Max 15 points
- Age - Max 12 points
- Arranged Employment - Max 10 points
- Adaptability - Max 10 points
Final Criteria before getting Permanent Residence:
Once selected from the Express entry Pool and awarded with an Invitation to Apply (ITA), candidates and their dependents need to also undergo medical examinations and obtain security clearances as part of the Canadian immigration application process.